The world gets smaller and smaller for Hilary Johnson as the years go by. The 1996 Roseburg High School graduate currently lives in Cairo, Egypt, where she's studying Arabic. She's been to the Ukraine with the Peace Corps, been a missionary in Japan and spent a year as a U.S. Senate page in Washington, D.C.It doesn't mean there isn't still a lot of ground for the 26-year-old to cover."I would love to be and live everywhere," she said, while back in Roseburg during the holidays. These aren't vacations she's taking. In fact, her travels are nearly the opposite. The Middle …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees