Are you looking for something exciting for your kids or grandkids to do on Presidents Day, Feb. 16? The Oregon State University Extension Service has a great No-School Day opportunity for kids in third to fifth grade. It is the annual 4-H Forestry Fun Day, which is an afternoon packed with fun and games. The 4-H Forestry Program is an interactive and hands-on program. Youth have shown us they can have fun and learn at the same time. During the program kids will learn about different trees and how to tell them apart. They will make their own animal casts …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees