When you hear the word dog, we all think of "man's best friend." For many people this is true. However, for many youth, before a dog becomes a best friend, it is a learning experience full of new responsibilities. Youth quickly learn that dogs need to be fed, groomed, exercised, and loved. Most kids are initially really excited about their friendly new pets, but lose interest as the learning peaks and youth get bored. 4-H offers many great opportunities to help overcome the lull in learning and provide different experiences to help kids understand more about their friendly, furry pets.The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees