North River Boats shut down its factory in Green on Thursday, employees told The News-Review this morning, putting about 100 people out of work.One worker picking up his tools at the factory this morning said there was a meeting Thursday afternoon in the break room at the plant, and workers were told they were being laid off until further notice."It was sad," the employee said, declining to give his name but saying he had worked for the company for six years. About 100 workers were present at the meeting.Office doors at the production facility in Green were locked this morning, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees