The two young soccer players were hungry. With a morning game to start in about an hour, the girls needed some energy.But mothers Sheri Price and Mandy Holborow, both of Roseburg, didn't want to get their kids a doughnut or a muffin during a soccer tournament last October in Portland. They opted for oatmeal at a restaurant. But they were disappointed after realizing they were served a plain oatmeal mixture stirred into hot water.The mothers, and their daughters, Maddie Holborow and Peyton Price, decided at that point that they could do better in providing a "nutritious, delicious" snack or meal …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees