Fruits, vegetables and local produce are starting to ripen in abundance. Many folks are looking at ways they can save money and preserve foods now for use later. This may be the first time that some of them have ever tried to freeze or can foods. If you haven't canned in a while, check your equipment before you begin. If your canner has a dial gauge, that gauge needs to be checked annually. Check the gasket and safety plug; check that the bottom has not warped. You may want to try a dry run using the necessary amount of water …
Extension spotlight: Canning season is here - Be careful!
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)