The Douglas County OSU Extension Services nutrition education program is in full swing, thanks in great part to the partnership set up with Mercy Foundation. Through Mercy Foundation's Healthy Kid Outreach program, there are three nurses who visit a number of local schools to help increase students' knowledge on health. After meeting with Mercy Foundation Healthy Kid Outreach Program, we realized we could partner together to maximize our resources for the children of Douglas County. The Oregon Family Nutrition Program focuses on teaching students how to use MyPyramid to make smart choices every day, such as knowing how much of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees