Age 54, passed away on Thursday, December 31, 2009, Schulenburg, Texas. She was born on February 20, 1955, in Loma Linda, California, to parents, Jo and Don Lowman. Cherry was graduated from Sutherlin High School in 1973. She then joined the Air Force where she met and married Lee Ransom II and gained two sons, Leland and David. Cherry and Lee went to China and adopted two daughters, Jilliann in 2000, and Mallory in 2002. Cherry was preceded in death by her grandparents, Ivyl and Dorothy Lowman of Melrose, Oregon; Gongie and Pauchie Travis of Umpqua, Oregon, and her father, Ivyl Don Lowman in 2006. Cherry is survived by husband, Lee Ransom; sons, Leland (Tracy) and David (Allison); sisters, Shirley, Sherry, Dixie (Martin), and Russanna (Jeff); nieces, Elisha (BoMarie and Ike), Franchesca; nephew, Jessie. A service will be held on Wednesday, January 6, 2010, at 3 p.m. at 1st United Methodist Church 209 N. Upton Ave Schulenburg, Texas.
- Where to start in igniting change for Douglas County | Moms
- Publisher’s Notebook: On the front lines of Douglas County’s problems
- Family remembers Roseburg man killed in motorcycle crash
- Death Notices for February 25, 2015
- Support group at Roseburg Community Cancer Center helps restore cancer patient’s love of baking