Hal Salwasser, dean of the College of Forestry at Oregon State University, wrote the following in 2006 at the beginning of the long slide in timber values in Oregon. He presented the information at an OSU Extension gathering. Preservation of our private woodlands is important to family forestland owners as well as society as a whole. Dr. Salwasser raised numerous issues and possible solutions as to how we can achieve this goal. His words are as relevant today as they were then.If you like Oregon's forests - towering Douglas firs, hemlocks and pines as far as the eye can see …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees