PORTLAND - Much to the delight of the Umpqua Community College women's basketball team, things just got a little complicated atop the NWAACC Southern Region standings.The sixth-ranked Riverhawks completed a weekend sweep on the road with an emphatic 96-46 win over Portland Community College, racing out to a 50-22 halftime lead and never looking back, and in the process found themselves owning a share of first place in the South.In other Southern Region action, No. 4 Clackamas downed No. 1 Lane 77-71, forcing a three-way tie for first place between those afformentioned teams and Umpqua. Each squad boasts a 10-2 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees