It's gratifying to see the continued growth occurring at Umpqua Community College.Within the past week, the college made two announcements that equate to positive news for our community. The first involves plans for the evolving Southern Oregon Wine Institute. The college has attracted a well-respected company to open and operate a wine-testing laboratory.ETS Laboratories, based in St. Helena, Calif., says it's committed to opening a satellite lab to serve the college's academic programs in viticulture and enology as well as the Umpqua Valley wine industry.The satellite lab will join others that have opened in well-established wine regions including Sonoma, Calif., …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees