Instead of drama or straight talk, filmmakers from Sutherlin High School relished in trickery to make a point in their animated Public Service Announcement titled the "Bionic Yet.""How many beers does it take to get yetis drunk? Trick question: Yeti's don't drink and maybe you shouldn't either," read the words on the giant screen at Friday night's Truth, Lies & Videotapes Premiere.Seventeen teenager-made videos flickered across the silver screen during the event in Jacoby Auditorium.Youth-created PSAs showed community members in attendance that "Everybody Doesn't" do drugs, including yetis.The event is in its seventh year and is sponsored by Umpqua Partners, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees