A Camas Valley family's home was lost to a fire Saturday night.Firefighters got an 8:30 p.m. report of a mobile home on fire at 20662 Highway 42, Camas Valley Rural Fire District Chief Clayton Casteel said this morning.When they arrived about 13 minutes later, the home was engulfed in flames. The mobile home, which was about 30 or 40 years old, was a total loss, as was an adjacent travel trailer. The fire also damaged about 25 percent of a shop next to the mobile home.The American Red Cross was called and found lodging for several nights for the home's …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees