Of Roseburg, Oregon passed away Sunday, February 6, 2011 after a courageous fight against ovarian cancer. Born in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, March 29, 1939, to Cleveland and Clara (Whitworth) McJunkins. Jewel was a cherished mother and grandmother who earned a tax preparer's license and worked as a bookkeeper for many years. Jewel appreciated the arts and learned to paint and created beautiful pictures. Grandchildren, roses, crossword puzzles, mystery reading and a good political argument were her passions. Jewel is survived by her brothers, Junior and James; daughters Rhonda Turman; Pamela Hillis; Diane Beckstead; Lisa West; Sabrina Verduzco and son, Paul West; grandchildren: Sarah, Amanda, Jon Jr., Eric, Kevin, Timothy, Mari, Rodrigo, Raquel, Isabel, Sofia, Daniela, Brittney, Jessica, Annebelle and Joshua; as well as numerous cousins, nieces and nephews. The family would like to extend thanks to Dr. Edward Ottenheimer and Rose Haven Nursing Center for their wonderful help and care. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, February 12, 2011 at Taylor's Family Chapel in Winston.
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC