Of Roseburg, Oregon passed away Sunday, February 6, 2011 after a courageous fight against ovarian cancer. Born in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, March 29, 1939, to Cleveland and Clara (Whitworth) McJunkins. Jewel was a cherished mother and grandmother who earned a tax preparer's license and worked as a bookkeeper for many years. Jewel appreciated the arts and learned to paint and created beautiful pictures. Grandchildren, roses, crossword puzzles, mystery reading and a good political argument were her passions. Jewel is survived by her brothers, Junior and James; daughters Rhonda Turman; Pamela Hillis; Diane Beckstead; Lisa West; Sabrina Verduzco and son, Paul West; grandchildren: Sarah, Amanda, Jon Jr., Eric, Kevin, Timothy, Mari, Rodrigo, Raquel, Isabel, Sofia, Daniela, Brittney, Jessica, Annebelle and Joshua; as well as numerous cousins, nieces and nephews. The family would like to extend thanks to Dr. Edward Ottenheimer and Rose Haven Nursing Center for their wonderful help and care. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, February 12, 2011 at Taylor's Family Chapel in Winston.
Jewel Melissa West
Trending in: News
- BREAKING NEWS: Roseburg police identify victim in Fast Stop Market homicide, arrest local man
- UPDATE: High-speed pursuit ends in Roseburg neighborhood
- Wildfire damages Roseburg Forest Products mill in Weed, California
- Police Log: Resident catches woman burglarizing his home in Canyonville
- Roseburg man suspected of sex abuse