Of Roseburg, Oregon passed away Sunday, February 6, 2011 after a courageous fight against ovarian cancer. Born in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, March 29, 1939, to Cleveland and Clara (Whitworth) McJunkins. Jewel was a cherished mother and grandmother who earned a tax preparer's license and worked as a bookkeeper for many years. Jewel appreciated the arts and learned to paint and created beautiful pictures. Grandchildren, roses, crossword puzzles, mystery reading and a good political argument were her passions. Jewel is survived by her brothers, Junior and James; daughters Rhonda Turman; Pamela Hillis; Diane Beckstead; Lisa West; Sabrina Verduzco and son, Paul West; grandchildren: Sarah, Amanda, Jon Jr., Eric, Kevin, Timothy, Mari, Rodrigo, Raquel, Isabel, Sofia, Daniela, Brittney, Jessica, Annebelle and Joshua; as well as numerous cousins, nieces and nephews. The family would like to extend thanks to Dr. Edward Ottenheimer and Rose Haven Nursing Center for their wonderful help and care. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, February 12, 2011 at Taylor's Family Chapel in Winston.
Jewel Melissa West
Trending in: News
- Myrtle Creek teen leads police on 47-mile car chase
- I-5 rest stop north of Roseburg under new management
- How-to better prioritize your schedule | Moms
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?
- Glide High grad to show film about fly fishing legend Frank Moore