In promotion of National Nutrition Month, I'd like to encourage two activities that can lead us all to better nutrition and a healthier lifestyle, for adults and for our children, the next generation. The first is preparing meals together as a family. Small children can help with dinner by setting the table, mixing ingredients together and helping with simple side dishes. The more children learn about putting together a healthy meal, the more likely they are to make healthier food choices on their own, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For teens and young adults, you can …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees