Age 76, passed away Saturday, December 31, 2011 at his winter residence in Okeechobee, Florida. He retired from teaching after 30 years at Hucrest and Melrose Schools in Roseburg, Oregon. He is survived by his loving wife of 28 years, Ada Frakes; sons, Mark Frakes and Steve Frakes; stepchildren, Patricia Walker, Mary King, Steve Bonebrake, Teresa Toller, and Carolyn Black; sisters, Laverne Leslie, and Lois Collins, and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. At his request there will be no services. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Okeechobee, or the American Cancer Society. On-line condolences may be made at www.buxtonfuneralhome.com
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- County opposes Crater Lake wilderness plan