Age 76, passed away Saturday, December 31, 2011 at his winter residence in Okeechobee, Florida. He retired from teaching after 30 years at Hucrest and Melrose Schools in Roseburg, Oregon. He is survived by his loving wife of 28 years, Ada Frakes; sons, Mark Frakes and Steve Frakes; stepchildren, Patricia Walker, Mary King, Steve Bonebrake, Teresa Toller, and Carolyn Black; sisters, Laverne Leslie, and Lois Collins, and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. At his request there will be no services. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Okeechobee, or the American Cancer Society. On-line condolences may be made at www.buxtonfuneralhome.com
Vernon "Glenn" Frakes
Trending in: News
- Publisher’s Notebook: Does the BLM think cows are more threatening that tree-sitters?
- Douglas County commissioner race/Crowded field hinders frontrunner’s bid for primary win
- A story you'll want to read again | Moms
- Family maintains hope to find Kyron Horman
- House Republican candidates differ on teaching of evolution