WINCHESTER Illustrator set to visit campus Connecticut-based illustrator Amy Jean Porter will be available Nov. 8 and 9 for the opening of her show at Umpqua Community College. Porter’s work is on display in the Whipple Fine and Performing Arts building at UCC, 1140 Umpqua College Road, Winchester. The show hangs through Dec. 5. Porter is a critically acclaimed illustrator. Her work is featured in the graphic novel “Of Lambs,” which was named one of the six best graphic novels of 2011 by NPR Books’ Dan Kois. Porter’s work melds art and poetry. Porter will appear from 5 to 7 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees