It’s that time of the year again. Bowl time. Rivalries, big games and game-day food. November’s Civil War is history, and now the University of Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers are poised to go their separate ways, each team to take on a fierce opponent in the next week. The Beavers are looking to defeat the Longhorns in the Alamo Bowl on Saturday and the Ducks hope to beat the Wildcats in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 3. Still, what would happen if a real duck and a real beaver met in battle? A question to ponder. Oregon …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees