Cami Thompson will perform with the Big Horn Jazz Band and the Umpqua Singers for the closing event for the 2013 Jazz in Jacoby music festival Feb. 7 at Umpqua Community College, 1140 Umpqua College Road, Roseburg. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Jacoby Auditorium. Thompson is a singer, band leader, arranger, songwriter and teacher known for her four-octave voice. She combines jazz, pop, musical theater and classical music. She has been performing across the United States, Europe and Asia for 35 years. The festival includes workshops with professional clinicians and performances by schools. Students from seven high …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees