A contract or a sacrament? What is marriage? A meaningless piece of paper? A legal contract? A religious sacrament? If marriage is just a meaningless piece of paper like many people contend, then there is no reason to extend the right to marry to homosexual couples. They can just live together like so many couples do today. If marriage is a simply a legal contract, then domestic partnerships fit the bill admirably. Those couples already have the financial and legal privileges afforded by marriage. But if marriage is a sacrament of the church, a joining of a man and a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees