Battle of the Books Altrusa International of Roseburg hosted Battle of the Books Saturday in the Student Center at Roseburg High School, 400 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg. Each school sends a team of its most advanced readers. The teams receive points for retention of material within the books. The top team in each division is named Reading Champion of Douglas County. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees