The Portland theater group Teatro Milagro will present “Frida, Un Retablo,” from 3 to 5 p.m. Feb. 26 at Umpqua Community College’s Whipple Fine Arts Centerstage Theatre, 1140 Umpqua College Road, Roseburg. The play is based on the life of Mexican artist Frida Kahlo (1907-54), best known for her self-portraits and her turbulent marriage to fellow artist Diego Rivera. The free performance is intended to let the public get acquainted with or learn more about the celebrated artist. The show is bilingual. Information: 541-440-4644. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees