The Roseburg High girls tennis team swept singles play and had a solid doubles showing in its season opener, taking seven of eight matches from Churchill in a 7-1 win on Tuesday at Hoffman Tennis Center. Fiona Johnson, coming straight off of basketball season, set the tone with a tight 6-4, 7-6 (4) win in the No. 1 singles match against Churchill’s Marilyn Walker. Claire Hittle, Varneet Brar and Andrea Chiou all won their singles matches without having to go to a third set, too. Roseburg’s only loss occurred in No. 1 doubles as Olivia Caldwell and Kiana Jensen defeated …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees