OAKLAND — The Oakland Oakers baseball team hasn’t needed many big hits yet this season, but Roy Benzel delivered one just in time on Tuesday. Locked in a scoreless game with Yoncalla, Benzel launched a go-ahead triple to right field in the sixth inning to key the Oakers’ 2-0 win in Big Fir League play. Yoncalla freshman Zack Van Loon had a two-hit shutout going into the top of the sixth when Johnathan Comstock reached base. Benzel knocked him in and scored later in the inning on Jordan Bailey’s single. The win was the fifth straight to start the season …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees