A Roseburg woman was sent to the hospital Saturday night after her house caught fire in the Hucrest neighborhood in the west part of town. The Roseburg Fire Department responded to the blaze at 8:41 p.m. at 2240 N.W. Merle Ave. Initial reports said the roof was on fire and the house was still occupied, Fire Marshall Tony DiMare said. DiMare said houses are usually located within 250 feet of a fire hydrant, but this one was almost 1,500 feet away from the closest hydrant. The house also had a steep and narrow gravel driveway that was not well maintained, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees