A former Roseburg resident who wrote the travel book, “Walking Portland, Oregon,’ will sign updated copies of the book from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 1 at While Away Books, 932 W. Harvard Ave. Sybilla “Billy” Cook’s guide book describes 22 walks through downtown Portland that can be taken by the casual visitor. The walks explore city and county parks, shops and other sites along the Willamette River. Cook is a former librarian who’s written six books, including “Battle of the Books: Reading Activities for Middle School Students,” and “Elementary Battle of the Books.” Information: 541-957-1751. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees