Welcome to Tasty Tuesday. You can expect to see the Umpqua Food & Harvest section every Tuesday in The News-Review or on www.nrtoday.com We will highlight locally grown foods and the people who produce them. We’ll have local cooks tell us how to prepare and preserve the bounty of the Umpqua Valley. We intend to provide information on nutrition, kitchen techniques, cooking contests, local restaurants and caterers and more. Our monthly wine column, Canes & Casks, will move from Sundays into this section, and we hope to provide even more information on the local wine industry’s food and wine pairing …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees