Occupy Roseburg member Jeri Benedetto says she believes concerned residents can create a legal campsite for Roseburg’s homeless. “If we all pull together as a community, we can make this happen,” Benedetto told about 60 people who came Thursday to the Douglas County Library to discuss the idea. Four people got up and left at the beginning of the meeting after Occupy Roseburg member Dancer Davis said, “If you’re here to dispute the idea of a camp, this is the wrong place for you.” Those who remained heard from organizers in Portland and Eugene and homeless advocates who visited those …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees