A 1957 Thunderbird provided some special times for Hank Bailey and his grandson, Jason Byers. The two of them cruised through Graffiti Weekend events. They spent time together before cruising, deciding what needed to be cleaned, waxed and polished. Hank Bailey of Roseburg died in 2011. Now Byers, 37, is left with the memories. “That was our time,” Byers said of years of activities with his grandfather and the car. “He had a wide smile, he absolutely did, when we were out in it.” The Thunderbird was inherited by Byers and his parents, Jeff and Joni, but Jason still calls …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees