An Irish “hooley” is planned for the Sutherlin Library July 16, as an informational and educational music presentation is planned as part of the library’s summer reading program. Hear jigs, reels, hornpipes, aires, pub songs and ballads and explore the music of Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales as Celtic Tradition performs from 2 to 3 p.m. at the library at 210 E. Central Ave. The event is part of the library’s “Dig into Reading” summer reading program. Celtic Tradition is Linda Danielson on fiddle and vocals, Janet Naylor on harp and vocals and Joe Ross on mandolin, guitar and other …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees