Musicians and fans of bluegrass music are invited to attend a free jam at the Evergreen Grange from 1 to 5 p.m. Aug. 17 at 5361 Grange Road in the Green District of Roseburg. The format will be a circle jam, where the musicians will have the opportunity to each lead a song. A microphone is passed around, but there is no other amplification. Bring your acoustic guitar, fiddle, dobro, banjo, mandolin or harmonica. About 30 people, half of them musicians, typically attend. The jam is sponsored by the Roseburg chapter of the Oregon Bluegrass Association. Information: 541-679-0553. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees