A picker’s delight returns to the shores of the Umpqua River with the Eagleview Music Festival, Sept. 7 and 8 at the Eagleview Campground, 11 miles west of Sutherlin. The two-day event begins at 2 p.m. Sept. 7 and the music starts at 3:15 p.m. with a set from the host band, The Umpqua Valley Bluegrass Band, followed by Long Mountain Revival, Red Diesel, mandolinist Brian Oberlin, Antonucci Collective and Sequoia. A potluck and open jam will be held at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8 starts with a mandolin workshop at 9 a.m., followed by more live music. The event …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees