Discuss eating vegetarian A Roseburg physician who has adopted a vegetarian diet will lead a discussion on “Secrets to Living Long and Feeling Great” at 7 p.m. Oct. 7 at the Umpqua Business Center Conference Room, 522 S.E. Washington Ave., Roseburg. Dr. Charles Ross will present the advantages of plant-based nutrition along with tips on exercise and stress management and their roles in preventing or reversing disease such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, stroke and osteoporosis. There is no cost to attend. Ross makes his home in Roseburg and teaches lifestyle medicine to medical students at the College of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees