These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Monday Douglas County sheriff 1:38 a.m. — A vehicle struck a power pole on Highway 38 and Brush Creek Road, Elkton. Travel lanes were not blocked, but there was a possible downed power line. 4:26 a.m. — A rock 3 feet in diameter from a slide was found in the middle of Hubbard Creek Road, Umpqua. 10:15 a.m. — Missing items from a 40-foot trailer with construction tools and equipment …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees