Horses and their riders will dress for the Halloween holiday Oct. 26 at the annual Spooktacular Horse Show at the River Arena of the Douglas County Fairgrounds, off Interstate 5 Exit 123 south of Roseburg. The event is sponsored by the Oregon Dressage Society and the Douglas County 4-H Horse Leaders. Registration starts at 8 a.m. The show runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Between 50 and 60 riders typically participate. Classes include showmanship, English and Western riding and games. There will also be a costume category where participants will be judged on originality and costume coordination with their …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees