The promoter of a new pro-wrestling outfit in Douglas County stresses that all its events will be family-friendly — by which he means there will be no swearing, drugs or alcohol. Of course, the audience is still encouraged to bring weapons for performers to use against each other. Start saving your voice for Sunday. Bring it along with your frying pans and bamboo swords to the Roseburg National Guard Armory and the inaugural fight night of Power Pit Pro Wrestling. The current holder of the league’s title belt is the spiky-haired Ike Van Dyke, a self-celebrating break dancer-gladiator who favors …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees