Connecticut-based illustrator Amy Jean Porter will visit Umpqua Community College Nov. 15 and 16. Her appearance was rescheduled from events originally planned to take place last week. Porter’s work is on display in the Whipple Fine and Performing Arts building at UCC, 1140 Umpqua College Road, Winchester through Dec. 5. Porter is a critically acclaimed illustrator. Her work is featured in the graphic novel “Of Lambs,” which was named one of the six best graphic novels of 2011 by NPR Books’ Dan Kois. Porter will appear from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 15 at a reception at the college and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees