ROSEBURG Artists’ grant applications set Two deadlines, Dec. 17 and April 15, remain for applications for Oregon Arts Commission Career Opportunity Grants. The grants, available in amounts up to $1,500, can pay for artists’ participation in opportunities such as national and international exhibits, travel to trade fairs and film festivals and attendance at conferences or workshops. The Arts Commission manages The Ford Family Foundation Opportunity Grants that range from $1,500 to $7,500. These grants are restricted to mid-career Oregon visual artists. Applications will be reviewed at the same time as the Career Opportunity Grant applications. Applications are accepted online only: …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees