DOUGLAS COUNTY Cultural trust offers tax break The Oregon Cultural Trust will offer a tax break for donations to nonprofit groups again this year. Taxpayers who match donations they make to qualified nonprofit groups with a contribution to the Oregon Cultural Trust are eligible to take a tax credit on their state income taxes. The credit may be claimed up to $500 for an individual, $1,000 for a couple filing jointly or $2,500 for a Class C corporation. A taxpayer does not have to itemize deductions to take the state tax credit, which can be claimed using the short form. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees