Roseburg High school’s drama program will present a twist on Shakespeare’s “Hamlet” via a production of “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead,” starting at 7 p.m. Jan. 31 in the Rose Theatre at Roseburg High School, 400 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg. The show will also be staged Feb. 1 and 2. The play centers on a pair of schoolmates and childhood friends of Hamlet, prince of Denmark. The action unfolds through their eyes. Hamlet, Ophelia, and other characters from the drama make periodic appearances in the play. Tickets are available at the door and are $5 for regular admission and $4 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees