Roseburg police dog Helix this morning apprehended a burglary suspect, who was hospitalized after being captured. Joseph John Tracy, 27 of Roseburg suffered injuries to his left arm during his capture, police said. He was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg for initial treatment and then transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield. His condition was unavailable this morning. Roseburg police Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said Douglas County sheriff’s deputies initially responded to a report of a residential burglary in progress at about 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of Cross Creek Drive. An alarm was triggered …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees