A 38-year-old Oakland man who reported a neighbor shot at him while he was trying to retrieve his sheep was arrested Thursday on a warrant, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Eric Lloyd Percell called the sheriff’s office shortly before 7:30 p.m. and alleged his neighbor fired a shotgun at him in the 800 block of De Costa Lane. Earlier in day, at 4:44 p.m., the neighbor called the sheriff’s office to report that Percell’s sheep were trespassing on his property. A sheriff’s deputy concluded the report of a shotgun blast was unfounded and arrested Percell on a warrant …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees