WINCHESTER — Chelsey Luiz and Raechel Warren earned the featured titles Saturday night during the Greater Douglas County Distinguished Young Women Program held in the Jacoby Auditorium at Umpqua Community College. Luiz was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Greater Douglas County. She is the daughter of Brandi and Jeffrey Luiz of Roseburg. Warren was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Umpqua Valley. She is the daughter of Christi and Lennard Warren. The two were awarded $500 scholarships for use at the college of their choice. There were eight contestants, all Roseburg High School juniors, in the competition. Five judges …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees