A Roseburg family was displaced by a stove top grease fire Thursday night, nearly a year ago to the day after a closet fire displaced the same family from the same house at 866 N.E. Nash St., officials said. Two people were taken to Mercy Medical Center and one other was injured, according to the Roseburg Fire Department, which declined to identify the patients or describe their injuries. At least two children, a boy and a girl, live in the house, according to neighbors. No one was at the house this morning. Thursday’s fire began in an unattended cooking pan, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees