A former International Paper employee and his girlfriend are in custody this weekend, suspected of breaking into the company’s shuttered mill in Gardiner and making off with $10,000 worth of equipment in a truck they’re also suspected of stealing, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s office. Officials say security footage shows James Michael Wiggins, 36, and Julie Lynn Neuharth, 43, entering the defunct mill’s maintenance shop at 2:42 a.m. Thursday and taking their time as they gathered equipment from around the site and loaded it into a company pickup parked inside the shop. The truck was “pretty dang full” when …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees