Jake Forrester’s pitching delivery, which is three-quarters in nature, has always been smooth. The fastball was on the plus side even as a freshman, when he first became a staple in Umpqua Valley Christian’s rotation. Something’s changed, though, because the numbers have never looked quite like this. And it was more of the same Friday night from Forrester during UVC’s 11-0 win over Oakland at Legion Field. The junior right-hander went all five innings of the mercy-rule shortened game, and the only thing between him and a perfect game was a second-inning error behind him. The Oakers (6-1 overall, 4-1 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees