SUTHERLIN — It didn’t matter much how the Sutherlin Bulldogs achieved their first Far West League sweep. The most important thing to coach Josh Riley was that it put a recent eight-game losing streak that much further behind them. Freshman Dustin Eakin’s hot bat helped lift the Bulldogs to a 7-3 win over Douglas in the opener, but they needed a little help from the Trojans in Friday’s nightcap for an 11-10 victory. Eakin had three hits, including two-run singles in the second and third innings in Game 1 to help his brother, senior Ryan Eakin, coast on the mound. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees