A Missouri man visiting his nephew was struck in the abdomen by a bullet from his own gun Thursday after exchanging a fist bump with his relative while target shooting. David K. Boyd, 49, was listed in fair condition this morning at Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, a hospital spokeswoman said. Daniel K. Karnes, 20, of Roseburg told a Douglas County sheriff’s deputy he took his uncle shooting in the Callahans west of Roseburg. They set up several empty shotgun shells and after Boyd struck a couple, Karnes went to congratulate him by giving him a fist bump, according to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees