A Veterans Affairs counselor, who is under investigation and has been barred from meeting with patients for almost a year, says she expects to be fired soon and is ready to leave anyway. “Even if I don’t get fired, there is no way I could stay at the Roseburg VA. They have made it intolerable for me,” said Jamie Carlson, who has remained on the payroll, collecting a $65,000 annual salary while whiling away time at work on Facebook and YouTube. Carlson, employed by Roseburg VA Medical Center for six years, has been forbidden to counsel veterans for 11 months. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees