A Roseburg automotive repair shop operator charged with first-degree manslaughter and drunken driving in the death of a Myrtle Creek woman made a second court appearance Friday. The appearance by Shaun Everett Lowry, 32, was brief. Douglas County Circuit Judge George Ambrosini granted the defense’s request to return to court at 2:15 p.m. Nov. 4. At that time, the court may set a trial date or a date to hear Lowry’s plea. Lowry has not yet entered a plea. Defense attorney Andrew Johnson said he needed time to collect information before his client’s next appearance. Lowry was arrested Aug. 29 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees